|Lemon and blueberry scones dough|
|Scones and tea with the Martha Stewart The New Classics Cookbook|
|Tea and scones with jam and Devonshire double cream|
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup of heavy cream,plus more for brushing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Sift together flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder into a large bowl. Using a a pastry or 2 knives, cut in butter until largest pieces are the size of small peas.
- Using a fork, whisk together cream and eggs in a large glass measuring cup. Make a well in the center of flour mixture and pour cream mixture. Slightly with fork just until the comes together (do not over mix).
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. With floured hands gently pat dough into a 41/2 x 81/2 inch rectangle, about 3/4 inch thick. Using a floured 2-inch round cutter, cut into 8- 10 rounds, and transfer them to lined baking sheet.
- Brush the top of each scone with cream; sprinkle each with granulated sugar. Bake until golden brown and cooked through, 16 to 20 minutes. Transfer scones to a wire rack and let cool slightly before serving.
Read more at Marthastewart.com: Mummy's Sweet White Scones - Martha Stewart Recipes